Today was the day we really started working on our portraits. I was a little excited but kind of intimidated because I knew what it was supposed to look like when I was done. There were pervious classes of the portraits up on the wall as examples for what we ours should kind of end up like.
We started on thursday with the center of the page which was were our nose was going to go. Thursday I have to say was a terrible day for this project. I didn’t get any of what we were supposed to do. I couldn’t stop looking at my nose as a nose and just draw a shape. So I left the studio a little frustrated and wasn’t looking forward to this project.
Monday came and it was go time and the first 10-20 minutes I was still a little lost but then I got into it. I started to look at my nose and draw the shades and then connected the shades shapes together. We had to use the string technique with the portrait so we could get the proportions correct. This turned out to be VERY difficult because as I was looking into the mirror I would get lost and confused about which string I measure. Is it the string in the reflection of the actual string.
Bellow is a set of photos of my progress today.
As I stood back from my portrait I did notice something was wrong with my lips but wasn’t sure. I measured using the string and I thought it was what I saw but still something was wrong in my measurements. I left it at that for the day because I felt pretty comfortable for my first day of work :).
Until tomorrow my friends